ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
Vent Reinforcement Tape (Upper Lateral Band).
This task covers: Repair
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Table 2-2)
Inspected (paragraph 2-9)
Cleaned (paragraph 2-12)
Unpacked (canopy laid flat)
Tape, Nylon, Type III, 314-inch, Item 25,
Thread, Nylon, Size E, Item 29130,
Group No. 0103, MAC, Section II,
43E(10) Parachute Rigger
a. Restitching. Restitching of vent reinforcement tape is authorized. Use a light duty sewing machine
and size E, nylon thread of contrasting color. Stitch over the original stitch pattern. Lock each row of stitches
two inches at each end.
Vent reinforcement tapes may be spliced only once and will not be replaced.
b. Damage Between Radial Seams. Repair as follows:
(1) Mark vent line position and cut stitching of two vent lines on each side of damaged area, and move
lines to one side.
(2) Smooth canopy around damaged area.
(3) Cut a piece of 314 inch nylon tape, long enough to extend 1 inch beyond outside edge of second
radial seam on each side of damaged area. Sear or dip ends of tape (para 2-18).
(4) Position webbing on damaged area. Use a light duty sewing machine and size E, nylon thread to
stitch Sew webbing in place with two continuous rows of stitching 118 inch from edge of tape, 7 to 11
stitches per inch. Overstitch ends of webbing 2 inches (A, figure 2-42).
(5) Reposition vent lines and sew them in place according to original construction.
c. Damage Extending Into Radial Seam. Repair as follows:
(1) Mark vent line position and cut stitching of vent line attached to damaged radial seam and the
stitching of two vent lines on each side of damaged seam. Move lines to one side.