TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0017 00
3. Replace pins in catch and idler link insuring they are fully seated.
4. Install catch spring insuring catch spring is properly seated over the catch, in the slot in the lower retainer,
and the upper part of the spring is properly mated with the upper retainer.
The side plate is properly seated over the internal parts and pins if the
side plates seat flush with each other. If the side plates do not mate
flush with each other, make sure the catch spring and upper retainer is
properly seated in the side plates.
5. While holding the catch spring in place, push in upper retainer and position the topside plate carefully
over the internal parts and pins.
6. Apply a thin coat of Locktite No. 222 to the threads of the four crossed recessed machine screws.
7. Reinsert the four cross-recessed machine screws in the side plates and hand tighten.
8. Using a #3 Phillips screwdriver, tighten the four cross-recessed machine screws in the side plates as tight
as possible with the hand.