POWER CABLE ASSEMBLY, MAIN/RESERVE
UNIT MAINTENANCE - CONT
1. Clean exterior of power housing by wiping with a clean, lint-free cloth (WP 0040 00, item 3)
moistened with anhydrous isopropyl alcohol (WP 0040 00, Item 1).
2. Clean all metal parts (except power housing) by washing in anhydrous isopropyl alcohol (WP
0040 00, Item 1) and dry thoroughly.
1. Visually inspect all components for wear or damage.
2. Discard worn or damaged parts.
3. Visually inspect entire power cable for fraying of cable or broken strands of wire. Discard if
worn or damaged.
ASSEMBLY OF POWER CABLE ASSEMBLY
1. Install lanyard assembly over small end of power housing.
2. Reinstall split retaining ring over small end of power housing and start tail of split end into
groove in flanged fitting of power housing.
3. Using knife blade or fingernail, run around retaining ring to cam it into groove fitting.
4. Slide power cable into power housing by inserting ball of power cable into smaller end of
power housing. Slide power cable completely through power housing until ball protrudes
from opposite end of power housing.
5. Slip power cable seal over ball of power cable and into end of power housing. Seat power
cable seal fully within power housing by slowly pulling on eye end of power cable.
6. Install cable seal retainer in end of power housing and against power cable seal. Use firm
thumb pressure to seat nose of cable seal retainer within recess of power cable seal.
7. If an AR2 is not immediately attached, thread plug of lanyard assembly into power housing