ARMY TM 10-1670-275-23&P
AIR FORCE TO 13C5-25-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-26
2-30. Suspension Line (cont).
Figure 2-55. Replacement Suspension Line Construction Details.
(6) Pass 6 inches of marked cord through original suspension line attaching loop on canopy skirt.
(7) Insert a suitable splicing aid to cord casing at 11-inch mark and pass inserted aid up through cord
casing and to outside at the 6 112-inch mark (figure 2-56).
(8) Insert cord tapered end into eye of the splicing aid.
(9) Pull splicing aid and cord tapered end down inside cord casing until 4 112- and 6 112-inch marks are
alined (figure 2-57).
(10) Hold alined marks together, pull splicing aid and cord tapered end down and to outside at 11-inch
(11) Remove cord tapered end from splicing aid and while holding 4 1/2- and 6 1/2-inch marks together,
pull cord at a point below 11-inch mark to allow cord tapered end to withdraw into cord casing.
(12) Begin at a point 1/2 inch below alined 4 1/2- and 6 1/2-inch marks. Use a zig-zag sewing machine
and size E thread, secure formed loop by stitching a 1/8-inch wide, 2-inch long row of stitching.
Stitching will be 7 to 11 stitches per inch (figure 2-58).