ARMY TM 10-1670-278-23&P
AIR FORCE T.O. 13C5-26-2
NAVY NAVAIR 13-1-27
a. Storage Criteria. Administrative storage of air delivery equipment will be accomplished in accordance with AR
750-1 and the instructions furnished below.
b. General Storage Requirements. To insure that serviceability standards of stored air delivery equipment are
maintained, every effort will be exerted to adhere to the following storage requirements:
(1) When available, a heated building should be used to store parachutes and other air delivery items.
(2) Air delivery equipment will be stored in a dry, well-ventilated location and protected from pilferage,
dampness, fire, dirt, insects, rodents, and direct sunlight.
(3) Air delivery equipment will not be stored in a manner which would prevent ventilation or interfere with light
fixtures, heating vents, fire fighting devices, cooling units, exits, or fire doors.
(4) Air delivery items will not be stored in a damaged, dirty, or damp condition.
(5) All stored air delivery items will be marked, segregated, and located for accessibility and easy identification.
(6) Air delivery equipment will not be stored in direct contact with any building floor or wall. Storage will be
accomplished using bins, shelves, pallets, racks, or dunnage to provide airspace between the storage area
floor and the equipment. If preconstructed shelving or similar storage accommodations are not available,
locally fabricate storage provisions using suitable lumber or wooden boxes.
(7) All available materials handling equipment should be used as much as possible in the handling of air delivery
(8) Periodic rotation of stock, conversion of available space, proper housekeeping policies, and strict adherence
to all safety regulations will be practiced at all times.
c. Storage Specifics for Parachutes. In addition to the storage requirements stipulated in subparagraph b. above,
the following is a list of specifics which must be enforced when storing parachutes:
(1) Except for those assemblies required for contingency operation, parachutes will not be stored in a packed
(2) Stored parachute assemblies will be secured from access by unauthorized personnel.
(3) A parachute which is in storage, and is administered a cyclic repack and inspection, will not be exposed to
incandescent light or indirect sunlight for a period of more than 36 hours. In addition, exposure to direct
sunlight should be avoided entirely.