TM 10-1670-280-23&P 0026 00
100-FOOT DIAMETER CARGO PARACHUTE
0026 00-1/(2 Blank)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Knife (Item 7, WP 0050 00)
Knife, Hot Metal (Item 8, WP 0050 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Item 22, WP 0050 00)
Sewing Machine, Zig-Zag (Item 24, WP 0050 00)
Shears (Item 25, WP 0050 00)
Yardstick (Item 26, WP 0050 00)
Cord, Nylon, Type III (Item 12/13, WP 0059 00)
Marking, Aid (Item 21/22, WP 0059 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 32/33, WP 0059 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Cleaned (WP 0008 00).
Inspected (WP 0009 00).
Unpacked, laid flat on repair table.
WP 0014 00; WP 0015 00
Stitch and restitch (WP 0014 00, SEWING PROCEDURES) with size E nylon thread that matches the color of
the original stitching, when possible. Lock all zig-zag stitching by overstitching at least ½-inch. Restitch
directly over the original stitch pattern; follow the original stitch pattern as closely as possible.
Replace an unserviceable pocket band by fabricating a new one as follows:
1. Using a marking aid, mark canopy at each end of original pocket band.
2. Cut stitching on both ends of the original pocket band and remove pocket band from canopy skirt.
3. Cut a 6 3/8-inch length of type III nylon cord and sear ends (WP 0015 00, SEARING AND WAXING).
4. Position tape length in original pocket band location.
5. Using a zig-zag sewing machine and size E nylon thread, secure each end of replacement pocket band
by stitching a 2 ¼-inch long row of double-throw zig-zag stitching, 7 to 11 stitches per inch, and in
accordance with the details in the illustration below.
END OF WORK PACKAGE