MC-4 RAM AIR FREE-FALL PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
TAIL SEAM MAIN OR RESERVE CANOPY
0029 00-1/(2 Blank)
THIS TASK COVERS:
Sewing Machine, Bartack (Table 1, WP 0015 00)
Sewing Machine, Light-Duty (Table 1, WP 0015 00)
Shears (Item 39, WP 0063 00)
Stitch Removal Tool (Item 40, WP 0063 00)
Cloth, Nylon, Ripstop, Type I (Item 9, WP 0076 00)
Thread, Nylon, Size E (Item 43/44 WP 0076 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Layout on packing table or other
If needed, only one pleat between ribs is authorized on the
top seam to align the ribs (pleat should be centered
between two (2) ribs, with a maximum size of 1-inch).
1. Patch the top skin or bottom skin as required using miscellaneous canopy patching
procedures outlined in WP 0015 00.
2. Carefully cut stitching securing the tail seam together.
3. If required, carefully cut stitching securing the rib to the tail seam.
4. If required, carefully cut the control line-attaching loop and lay aside.
5. Re-sew items removed above, in reverse order, using a light-duty sewing machine, size E
nylon thread and 7 to 11 stitches per inch.
END OF WORK PACKAGE