PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT - CONT
AUTOMATIC RIPCORD RELEASE, MODEL 451, PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR
SHIPMENT USING MODEL 452 TEST CHAMBER ASSEMBLY - CONT
Set AR2 altitude dial (1) 1,000 feet above local MSL altitude.
Place AR2 in altitude chamber as shown.
Carefully close altitude chamber lid (7).
7. Set test chamber ON/OFF switch lever (2) to ON and CLIMB/FALL/COCK switch to CLIMB.
Raise altitude to approximately 2,500 feet above the altitude set on AR2 dial.
8. Move switch lever so that JUMP/OFF switch is set to JUMP; move the CLIMB/FALL/COCK
switch to FALL, depress and hold the RAPID FALL dump switch, and allow the AR2 to
actuate. Observe that storage cable is drawn partially into the AR2.
9. Position JUMP/OFF switch to OFF.
10. If necessary, increase pressure in altitude chamber to ambient by holding down on RAPID
FALL dump switch.
11. Switch test chamber ON/OFF switch to OFF.
12. Open lid of altitude chamber and remove AR2 with piston rod cap and storage cable
attached. Verify that storage cable is correctly attached by pulling on eye end.
AR2 units should be shelf stored in a clean dry area and protected from accumulation of dirt.
Do not transport or store AR2 without piston rod cap storage cable or power
cable attached. External forces or impacts applied to the piston rod may cause
unit to malfunction. Any unit subjected to external forces or impact must be
tested and, if necessary, removed from service.
With AR2 storage cable and piston rod cap installed, ensure that the AR2 JUMP/OFF switch is
OFF. Protect AR2 with bubble pack and package using standard packing materials