TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0045 00
Repair Defective LED.
1. Remove the four thumbscrews, the five pan head screws, and the cover of the Y-connector.
2. Remove and discard the defective LED from its socket.
Make sure that the flat on the flange of the LED lines up with the flat that
is marked on the socket. Improper installation may damage LED.
3. Install the new LED so the flat base of the LED matches the flat of the circle on the circuit board.
4. Reinstall the cover, pan head screws, and thumbscrews.
5. Ensure the circuit breaker switches of the initiator simulator are in the ON position. Connect the J1
connector (quick disconnect) of the initiator simulator to the J3 receptacle of the Y-connector.
6. Set the control box POWER switch to the ON position and activate the JETTISON SWITCH on the control
box. The circuit breaker switches should trip to the OFF position. If they do not, replace the Y-connector.
If they do, return Y-connector to service.
7. Turn 28 VDC power supply OFF and disconnect from 115 VAC power source. Disconnect initiator
simulator from Y-connector; disconnect Y-connector from control box; disconnect 20-foot power cable
from control box and 28 VDC power supply.
8. Return pieces and parts to proper storage location.
Replace an unserviceable Y-connector with a serviceable item from stock.
END OF WORK PACKAGE