MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN PARACHUTE PACKING PROCEDURES
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
92R (20) Parachute Rigger
Wrench, Adjustable, 8-inch (Item 71, WP 0097
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Band, Rubber Retainer, 2-inch (Item 3, WP 0109
Tape, Lacing and Tying, Nylon, (Item 42, WP
Band, Rubber Retainer, 1-1/4-inch (Item 2, WP
This work package contains the packing procedures for the MC-6 Main Personnel Parachute.
Read all warnings and cautions within this section and follow procedures outlined herein to ensure safe
operation of the MC-6 Main Personnel Parachute and associated equipment.
Technical/rigger-type inspection. Before each parachute is packed for air delivery, it must be given a
technical/rigger-type inspection by the packer, in accordance with WP 0012 00.
Re-Adjustment Of Lower Control Line With More Than 5 Jumps.
1. Once 5 jumps have been made on the MC-6 main canopy re-adjust the lower control lines due to
stretching of the upper, middle, and lower control lines.
2. Undo the three over hand knots in each control line free end.
3. Position the toggle against the bottom of the guide ring and, while holding the toggle in position, pull
control line free ends until the control lines tension equals that of the suspension lines.
4. Secure the toggle by making two overhand knots against the bottom of the toggle. After the toggle is
secured with the two overhand knots, check to make sure the toggle does not exert any pressure
against the guide ring.
5. At 2 inches below the last overhand knot make a third overhand knot in the lower control line free
6. Repeat the same adjustment for both control lines.