8. Using a single needle sewing machine and size E nylon thread, 7 to 11 stitches per inch, sew across
top, moving from forward to aft.
Ensure that there are no twists in the extended gore.
9. Using a single needle sewing machine, size E nylon thread and 7 to 11 stitches per inch, sew across
bottom moving from forward to aft.
10. Pull light tension on the radial where the new extended gore is being attached. Ensure there is no
difference in length at break slot bartack mark.
11. Start sewing at the break slot bartack mark and sew down the main seam of the new extended gore
to the bottom of the extended gore.
12. Reattach upper control lines to the new extended gore. Form girth hitch in attachment loop. Remove
any twists or turns in the control line and thread the attachment loop through the loose girth hitch in
the end of the control line. Repeat this process for the remaining control line.
13. Fold the new attachment loop in half aligning the two marks. Place the new attachment loop over the
canopy so that the canopy is sandwiched between the new loop and the 1-inch mark. Ensure mark
aligns with the edge of the canopy forming a 1-inch loop. (figure 2,3).
14. Sew the new loop into place using two bartacks, one horizontal and one vertical. The horizontal
bartack should runoff the end of the new loop.
16. Using a bartack sewing machine on the extended gore, place bartacks in the same manner as
original, at the junctions of the trailing edge of the new extended gore and the reinforcements.
END OF WORK PACKAGE