MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY SUSPENSION LINE
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
When replacing a suspension line, the link connector must be disassembled.
1. Place the canopy in proper layout on the repair table or repair surface, and apply partial tension to the
2. Trace the damaged suspension line, from canopy skirt to connector link.
3. Remove the tension and lay the canopy out so that the damaged suspension line and one adjacent
line run free and clear to the connector link.
4. Remove the damaged suspension line.
5. Remove the screws from the connector links and separate the connector link using a connector link
6. Remove the damaged suspension line.
Ensure line continuity is maintained. Use an appropriate tool to slide the suspension lines onto,
making certain not to disturb the girth-hitch knot.
7. Take a new suspension line and girth-hitch knot IAW WP 0017 00 to the suspension line loop.
8. Use the adjacent line as a guide and run the replacement line to the connector link.
9. Form a girth-hitch knot and slide the new suspension line onto the connector link.
10. Apply tension and check suspension line fit and continuity.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0036 00-1/(2 Blank)