MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
RESERVE PACK TRAY ELASTIC RISER STOW BARS
Sewing Machine, Bartack, 28 Stitch (Item 51, WP
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Medium Duty (Item 59, WP
Pencil, Marking, China, White (Item 36, WP 0109
Lay out on packing table or other suitable area.
Band, Rubber, Retainer, 1-1/4-inch (Item 2, WP
Band, Rubber, Retainer, 2-inch (Item 3, WP
For a center stitich repair, ensure that the log record book is not sewn over pin pocket
(back). If any of the bartacks are damaged, or if the inner stow bars are damaged, sew to
outside of log record book pocket.
1. Remove broken stitching/threads.
2. Sew elastic riser bar using a bartack sewing machine in original stitch location.
Replace Upper Elastic Riser Stow Bar
1. Mark location of data log record book pocket. Carefully remove the data log record book pocket from
the pack tray.
2. Rotate the pack tray (figure 1, item 1) and mark location of the bartacks (figure 1, item 2) for the
elastic riser stow loops (figure 1, item 3). Using a stitch removal tool, remove the damaged elastic
riser stow bar.
3. Cut an 11-1/2-inch length of elastic webbing and mark the center.
4. Align center mark of elastic with the center mark of the elastic riser stow bar. Using a bartack sewing
machine and size E nylon thread, secure the elastic to the pack tray at center mark.