TM 10-1670-296-20&P 0044 00
ANCILLARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VELOCITY AIR DROP SYSTEMS (LVADS)
EXTRACTION PARACHUTE JETTISON DEVICE (EPJD), SQUIB, AND SQUIB CABLE
THIS TASK COVERS:
Kit, Tool, Refurbishment (Item 16, WP 0064 00)
Tester, Squib (Item 47, WP 0064 00)
Wrench, Torque, 3/8-IN. (Item 62, WP 0064 00)
Dishwashing Compound (Item 10, WP 0064 00)
Kit, Refurbish (Item 15, WP 0064 00)
Lube, O-Ring (Item 19, WP 0064 00)
Rag, Wiping (Item 25, WP 0064 00)
Squib Assembly (Item 1, WP 0105 00)
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
WP 0005 00; WP 0007 00
Perform a technical/rigger type inspection of the EPJD, squib, and squib cable in accordance with WP 0007
00 and WP 0005 00, Table 1.
Check the squib with the squib tester.
The squib is a pyrotechnic device. When not installed in aircraft, and all
cabling and equipment is not installed, then squib cable safety cap must
be installed on squib cable. Use care when handling the squib to
prevent accidental firing of the device. Avoid dropping or jarring the
squib and avoid static electricity. Failure to follow precautions can result
in injury to personnel.
1. In an area away from electrical equipment, remove squib (1) from the storage container. Examine the
squib for evidence of damage.
2. Apply a light coating of O-ring lube to the preformed package (2) and install on squib (1).
3. Remove the shorting device from inside the squib connector. Install squib cable (3) on squib (1).
4. Turn the squib tester ON (not shown), and place CIRCUIT SELECT switch to A-B. The OPEN LED
illuminators, indicating there is an open circuit, and verifies the battery is operational.
5. Connect the squib tester to the opposite end (J4) of the squib cable (3). The OPEN LED should go out.
6. Place the CIRCUIT SELECT switch to C-D.