MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY CROSS SEAM
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Item 56, WP 0097
Sewing Machine, Double Needle (Item 54, WP
Tape, Nylon, Type III, Class 1, 1/2- inch wide
Double needle sewing machine may be substituted for a single needle sewing machine.
This repair is for damage to a cross seam that does not extend into any panel. For
damage extending into the panel, see WP 0017 00, rectangular patch crossing a cross
This repair covers the cross seam damage with reinforcement tape.
30% damage across width of the reinforcement tape requires repair.
Repair a damaged cross seam as follows:
1. Identify the damaged length of the cross seam.
2. Determine if any of the adjoining cloth is damaged and requires patching. If so, patch the adjoining
cloth prior to repairing the cross seam.
3. Determine the repair reinforcement tape length by adding 7 inches to the damaged length.
4. Using 1/2-inch, Type III, Nylon Tape, measure, mark, and scissor cut the cross seam reinforcement
5. Center the reinforcement tape over the damaged area.
6. Turn both ends under 1/2-inch.