MC-6 PERSONNEL PARACHUTE SYSTEM
MAIN CANOPY REINFORCING TAPE
92R (10) Parachute Rigger
Sewing Machine, Light Duty (Item 56, WP 0097
Sewing Machine, Double Needle (Item 54, WP
Tape, Nylon, Type III, Class 1, 1/2- inch (Item 43,
Double needle sewing machine may be used in place of single needle sewing machine.
Splice a damaged reinforcing tape only if there is less than 50% damage to the width. For
damage encompassing 50% or more, refer to WP 0086 00 for replacement procedures.
Splice a damaged reinforcing tape as follows:
1. Identify the damaged length of the reinforcing tape.
2. Determine if any of the adjoining cloth is damaged and requires patching. If so, patch the adjoining
cloth prior to repairing the reinforcing tape.
3. Determine the reinforcing tape splice length by adding 7 inches to the damaged length.
4. Using the same type of material as in the original construction, measure, mark and scissor cut the
5. Center the splice tape over the damaged area.
6. Turn both ends under 1/2-inch.
7. Sew into place stitching 3 inches past both ends of the splice.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0026 00-1/(2 Blank)